Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Idiot motorcycle breaker!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Idiot motorcycle breaker! Reply with quote

Needed a new speedo drive for my SV650, original from Suzuki was something like £130 plus VAT so I phoned up a few breakers.

I managed to get one for £40 posted which I was happy with, just picked the bike up from the garage and the speedo is over reading by about 25 - 30mph. Take it back to the garage who say that it could have been taken off an import and is reading in KPH or its just the wrong part altogether.

I phone the breakers back up and tell him what has happened, he insists it wasn't taken off an import. I then ask him what the year of the bike is and he says its a 2005.

I specifically told him the part had to come from an 2003 or 2004 model when he phoned me originally as I had checked with Suzuki.

He told me he doesn't check every bike before he sends the part - what kind of breaker doesn't check its the right model before it is sent?

Fucking arse, now I'm £40 out of pocket for the part plus £35 in labour to fit it Rolling Eyes

TLDR: Be careful when buying from breakers.

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Re: Idiot motorcycle breaker! Reply with quote

shereen wrote:
Needed a new speedo drive for my SV650, original from Suzuki was something like £130 plus VAT so I phoned up a few breakers.

I managed to get one for £40 posted which I was happy with, just picked the bike up from the garage and the speedo is over reading by about 25 - 30mph. Take it back to the garage who say that it could have been taken off an import and is reading in KPH or its just the wrong part altogether.

I phone the breakers back up and tell him what has happened, he insists it wasn't taken off an import. I then ask him what the year of the bike is and he says its a 2005.

I specifically told him the part had to come from an 2003 or 2004 model when he phoned me originally as I had checked with Suzuki.

He told me he doesn't check every bike before he sends the part - what kind of breaker doesn't check its the right model before it is sent?

Fucking arse, now I'm £40 out of pocket for the part plus £35 in labour to fit it Rolling Eyes

Why don't you ask him for a refund and return it to him then?
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Re: Idiot motorcycle breaker! Reply with quote

Cheeseybeaner wrote:
shereen wrote:

Why don't you ask him for a refund and return it to him then?

I'm just going to do a chargeback - cant be arsed dealing with the guy anymore.

Drake
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Re: Idiot motorcycle breaker! Reply with quote

Blau Zedong wrote:
shereen wrote:

Lol I didn't realise OPL had an SV. Laughing

Also lol at having to pay someone to swop a speedo drive.

+1
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:02 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedo drive should just come off when you remove the wheel? I'd just do DSR and send it back. No payment back in a day or 2, chargeback.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:04 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Re: Idiot motorcycle breaker! Reply with quote

35 quid to remove the wheel?

pits
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Re: Idiot motorcycle breaker! Reply with quote

shereen wrote:

TLDR: I actually ride an SV650 everyday not the Ducati I claim to ride every day.

00:32:08 Blau Zedong: yes, i am a massive CB400 fan and collector
00:33:00 Blau Zedong: the CB400 is my favourite road bike

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:29 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Re: Idiot motorcycle breaker! Reply with quote

shereen wrote:

On what basis?

Can you prove what you ordered and what you got? Needs to be in writing....
ie invoice say X & you get Y

Verbal is no good.....

You will also have to return at your own cost 1st, before the chargeback can be actioned.

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Re: Idiot motorcycle breaker! Reply with quote

Aff wrote:
35 quid to remove the wheel?

And the fuel tank.

Drake
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

that will be at most 4 bolts and 3 clips

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Re: Idiot motorcycle breaker! Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
shereen wrote:

On what basis?

Can you prove what you ordered and what you got? Needs to be in writing....
ie invoice say X & you get Y

Verbal is no good.....

You will also have to return at your own cost 1st, before the chargeback can be actioned.

The invoice says 2004. Im sure the garage would write a note to prove it was incorrect. If its too much of a ball ache to chargeback I will just send it back for a refund.

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Re: Idiot motorcycle breaker! Reply with quote

pits wrote:
shereen wrote:

TLDR: I actually ride an SV650 everyday not the Ducati I claim to ride every day.

I can see your green jealousy face from here, shit and ugly like your badly painted golf buggy.

Drake
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

jealous of a sv650? you mad? you crazy bitch

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:49 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only posting so everyone can read my sig.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:49 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Re: Idiot motorcycle breaker! Reply with quote

shereen wrote:

Yeah, but see, he didn't have any of those, so what was he supposed to do? Just not take your money? Rolling Eyes

Want to name the chump?
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

pits
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Sharon, you have some serious issues.
First off I have an SV650, there is nothing to be jealous of here they are shit bikes, they might as well be labelled "My First Bike" you seem to forget I have a Ducati, why the hell would I be jealous of your partners?

So you make a big song and dance about having this Ducati, you post pictures and tell us how you are going to commute on said bike, now all of a sudden you're riding an SV650.... Thinking now one of two things has happened.
1. You HAD a Ducati and it did your back in, you couldn't afford to run it, you couldn't afford to service (delete as you see fit) and you quickly fucked it off hoping no one would notice that once again you have been a massive knobber (as usual)

2. Said Ducati is your partners, you may ride it once in a blue moon.

Now I bet you posted this hoping that someone wouldn't put two and two together and make 4, which someone has (thank you I did very well in maths I can do my nine times table Wink )

The only reason I have kept my bike for the past few years?
It doesn't hurt my back
It doesn't hurt my wrists
It does exactly what I want
It doesn't confuse itself with swingarms, it has one, and it is the right one.

My buggy, Sharon at no point have I said the paint was good, in fact I openly admit the paint is shit, there is only so much filler, fibreglass and paint I can put on it to make look semi respectable, I even think I used the term "Slapping lipstick on a pig" something you are used to, perhaps if I could equate it into something you would understand.
There is only so much foundation you can put on to stop yourself looking like a young Ann Widecombe

That said, my buggy is almost finished, your R1 commuter isn't finished you sold that before fitting bar risers got too technical, similar to your NC30 VFR750 project, the one where you bought the wrong bike as a donor, I mean that's beyond stupid, that's like blowing up an E46 M3 CSL and then trying to use an E30 316i as a donor car, you just don't do it. I mean do you wake up for breakfast and go "today I am going to have coco pops, but I don't have any milk... I know Tomato soup will be the correct substitute"

Thumbs Up

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont know what to say pits.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:11 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suddenly my life doesn't seem so bad...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pits
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
I just dont know what to say pits.

You say it best *fist pump* when you say nothing at all.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://2-akamai.tapcdn.com/images/thumbs/taps/2013/03/dis-gon-b-gud-4e7882e5-original.gif
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think OP will flounce.
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:42 - 02 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass the popcorn
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 281 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7