BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lexmoto LXR 125 2020

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:53 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it always people with 125s that have so much attitude?

We give the advice you need just because its not what you want to hear doesnt alter the quality of the advice.

If its still under warranty the fucking dealer can fix it. Unless, of course, you've been fucking about with it and invalidated your warranty like a complete knob.....

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 21:08 - 21 Feb 2021; edited 1 time in total

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:05 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Re: T Reply with quote

bikenut wrote:
Take a look in the mirror dude....you may see something you don't like....

Anyways, where is the battery in the older picasso ?

Shall I quote your own words, nobody really likes humble pie.

Now you know why questions are asked...you have your petrol powered bike in front of you, but don't know where the fuse is, I wonder why ?

Go to lexmoto parts and find one, then you will know what it looks like. Please post a picture of it for us.

Did you find the picasso battery yet, should be easy for you......

A question, do you lose Internet when it rains where you are? Long shot but maybe relevant... well at least you hope so... ps your mother warned me before I signed up about battery she says he couldnt get over it ever since he saw me using them for things he can't do. So totally understandable re your fixation. No pun intended, true story.

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:10 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

We give the advice you need just because its not what you want to hear doesnt alter the quality of the advice.

If its still under warranty the fucking dealer can fix it. Unless, of course, you've been fucking about with it and invalidated your warranty like a complete knob.....

You can't comprehend can you? Nvm bastard

bikenut
World Chat Champion

Here here !!

It's probably a bad connection somewhere, or the fuse lol, but don't tell him..

Picasso batteries and humble pie for his supper I think lol, but may be, just may be he will calm down......i,'m not holding my breath.

Just think of the conversation with his builder, new doors etc.. lol.

Sorry dude, k7 1/2 but you have made a rod for your own back...

Found that fuse yet, probably in a similar place as the picasso battery ?

bikenut
World Chat Champion

Here here !!

Picasso batteries and humble pie for his supper I think lol, but may be, just may be he will calm down......i,'m not holding my breath.

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:11 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikenut wrote:
Here here !!

Shh going over to your mother with ...... you guessed it. Until next time good for nothing thunderstorm mechanic .. that was hilarious and I took you for some serious dude with weird diagnostic approach. Your mother......... so getting it on your behalf

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:17 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

K80 wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Nvm bastard

The clue is in the name.

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

My mother is dead dude, never speak ill of the dead.

Sticks and stones etc.

Found the fuse and picasso battery yet !

You may learn something.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:18 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Re: T Reply with quote

K80 wrote:
5. Yes it is under warranty but my dealer is 60 miles out and I'd have that as last resort ideally purely because of two reasons 1. I can learn more about bikes and hopefully contribute back to the community as there isn't much about these bikes online. 2. Parts up to 100-150£ quid will be cheaper than just having it delivered to dealer.

Are there no Lexmoto dealers closer?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:57 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

K80 wrote:
supercharged good for nothing ego massaging collaborators of pun limited to jap makers

Mine's not a Jap bike, it's a Triumph.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Re: T Reply with quote

bikenut wrote:
My mother is dead dude, never speak ill of the dead.

Sticks and stones etc.

Found the fuse and picasso battery yet !

You may learn something.

Me! Me! I can! Me!

I reckon its about half way up and midway in the left half
cos you can see the red battery lead.
when do I get me prize?

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-CJ8Vtfdp9Ec%2FTspVYvqJK9I%2FAAAAAAAACJM%2FqjqwU4nzYlE%2Fs1600%2FLasmeninas%25252C%2BPablo%2BPicasso.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

Lol lol lol nice one wd !

I fully agree with knobby as well !

It's as well hidden as with the car ! Took me 2 mins to find.

Cunning french barstards, and it's a 1800, so he thinks highly of me.

You found those parts yet k7 1/2?

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:24 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Re: T Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
K80 wrote:
5. Yes it is under warranty but my dealer is 60 miles out and I'd have that as last resort ideally purely because of two reasons 1. I can learn more about bikes and hopefully contribute back to the community as there isn't much about these bikes online. 2. Parts up to 100-150£ quid will be cheaper than just having it delivered to dealer.

Are there no Lexmoto dealers closer?

Closest one is 16 miles, their estimated quote + delivering bike there = 300£ and they refused to work with warranty as I didn't buy motorcycle from them.

I'll try another one which is 26 miles away again tomorrow but they already told me they don't have dates available in next couple of weeks.

I'll go visit my own dealer and ask him to show me what I need to know. And, then will come back and fix it. Fact that when battery connects led lights up, tells me that its a minor issue. I'm just reluctant to open all things up because I want to sell it with its warranty intact.

I thought this forum might help but reality is strangely different, anyway no big deal.

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:41 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat_Angry_Scotsman wrote:
Sorry mate but why are you not having this dealt with under warranty? Your extreme avoidance of having the manufacturer deal with it is pretty suspect and that you're not giving us a full story.

I think I covered this already but to reiterate it doesn't make financial sense + dealers of these bikes aren't like well reputed brands. They just simply refuse to honour warranty or give dates that are weeks away. Call it whatever you want to, but that's how I'm dealing with it. Of course if you can assist via lexmoto directly then I'll defo send it back to them or their dealer.

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

I am glad you have calmed down a bit, and can get advise from the horse's mouth so to speak.
It all depends how you treat people really.

Be "off hand" with people and expect the same treatment, or treat people how you would like to be treated, yes ?

Treat the dealer in an off hand way, he will tell you to go forth and multiply, under his breath at least !

Please come back with some diagnosis from the friendly dealer, I am sure we would like to know.

Last edited by bikenut on 23:00 - 21 Feb 2021; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:55 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Re: T Reply with quote

bikenut wrote:
I am glad you have calmed down a bit, and can get advise from the horse's mouth so to speak.
It all depends how you treat people really.

Be "off hand" with people and expect the same treatment, or treat people how you would like to be treated, yes ?

Treat the dealer in an off hand way, he will tell you to go forth and multiply, under his breath at least !

Please come back with some diagnosis from the friendly dealer, I am sure we would like to know.

Hold my nuts while I get this resolved from people who maybe know something for real

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to learn and fix stuff yourself buy a meter
otherwise you really will be wasting your, and possibly others, time
A meter can save you time, money and from reliance on others

Remember, forum advice however well meant is best guess at best
No one can see your bike or what you've done or are doing
so a somewhat pedantic ( step by step) systematic approach
and clear, precise, well formatted text gets the best results.

Pictures as always are worth a thousand words

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

You really are a knob head arnt you, stick your head down the toilet and pull the chain you naught little little boy.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:49 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBF when I first came to this forum I had some minor issues with my Superlight 125 and in the end I figured out the problem myself.

A valuable lesson in self-reliance... and possibly masochism, considering I'm still hanging about Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:52 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Re: T Reply with quote

K80 wrote:
Closest one is 16 miles, their estimated quote + delivering bike there = 300£ and they refused to work with warranty as I didn't buy motorcycle from them.

https://www.lexmoto.co.uk/warranty.php

"Any 125cc or above Lexmoto purchased from the 1st of Janurary onwards, will benefit from a 24 month national parts and labour warranty as standard. Plus any 50cc Lexmoto purchased from the 1st of January onwards, will benefit from a 12 month national parts and labour warranty as standard.

This means that you can take your bike or scooter to ANY Lexmoto dealer within the UK and NI for aftersales support from a Lexmoto technician."

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:07 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Re: T Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
K80 wrote:

https://www.lexmoto.co.uk/warranty.php

"Any 125cc or above Lexmoto purchased from the 1st of Janurary onwards, will benefit from a 24 month national parts and labour warranty as standard. Plus any 50cc Lexmoto purchased from the 1st of January onwards, will benefit from a 12 month national parts and labour warranty as standard.

This means that you can take your bike or scooter to ANY Lexmoto dealer within the UK and NI for aftersales support from a Lexmoto technician."

If only it was that easy mate ... anyway thanks.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

K80 wrote:
I think I covered this already but to reiterate it doesn't make financial sense + dealers of these bikes aren't like well reputed brands. They just simply refuse to honour warranty or give dates that are weeks away. Call it whatever you want to, but that's how I'm dealing with it. Of course if you can assist via lexmoto directly then I'll defo send it back to them or their dealer.

Have you tried giving Lexmoto a call and telling them that their dealer isn't honouring the warranty? I know that it's a huge pain in the arse but seriously if you try to fix it and it doesn't work you'll keep chasing your tail and probably void the warranty on it.

If you check my thread in the Show and Tell on my Zontes you'll see the saga I went through to get my bike fixed. So I know first hand how annoying it is since my Zontes Dealer is literally 34 miles from my home and I had to get it there three times.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 3 years, 81 days between these two posts...

Roxy125
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:24 - 13 May 2024    Post subject: Side Stand Too Short Reply with quote

I have an issue with the stand on the bike, it leans really far. I am seeing other bikes not having to tilt an insane 32 degrees left with the lowest positioned stand on earth.

I was wondering if there are any Stand extenders that will fit, an aftermarket stands that are longer that will fit on the model of the bike or potentially any other suggestions I could use instead.

Thanks in advance everyone!
I'll reply with any more info if people need.

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:01 - 14 May 2024    Post subject: Re: Side Stand Too Short Reply with quote

Roxy125 wrote:
I have an issue with the stand on the bike, it leans really far. I am seeing other bikes not having to tilt an insane 32 degrees left with the lowest positioned stand on earth.

I was wondering if there are any Stand extenders that will fit, an aftermarket stands that are longer that will fit on the model of the bike or potentially any other suggestions I could use instead.

Thanks in advance everyone!
I'll reply with any more info if people need.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that you're young and don't understand how forums work... Hint: it's not the done thing to necro an old (argumentative) thread.

It's a lexmoto, your frame is probably bent. Or the stand. Or both. (I'm not being anti, one of my best children owns a lexmoto - it's just how they're built.)

A pic or two may help, including one closeup of where the stand is attached to the frame - could identify whether it's actually unusual or not and if it is, whether it's damage or wear.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:26 - 14 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting your own thread is best practice
never assume anyone knows what bike you're talking about
Also dont start a long winded Q&A session when some up front info can
get us all the to salient points quickly

Tell us:
Make and model of bike
Year and mileage and relevant history can help
Pics are always welcome and helpful

side stands can be very sloppy on some bikes for various reasons
often wear or damage on older bikes
newer bikes can be damage or just the way its made.

A 30 degree lean sounds about right to me
45 or more is getting too much.

For reference,think of a clock face
a 30 degree lean is 5 minutes before the hour
32 degrees would just before 5 to the hour
a 60 degree lean would be at 10 o clock
and so on
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2