Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Common Cold

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 14:25 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: The Common Cold Reply with quote

Why is this such a cunt. I woke up at 4am feeling like shit, catching it off my family. Thanks alot. Middle Finger

I didn't get back to sleep and have to keep blowing my nose every 2 seconds and coughing my guts up.

Why isn't there a cure Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 14:28 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Re: The Common Cold Reply with quote

markcatate wrote:
Why isn't there a cure Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger

Because it is a viral infection.

Modern medicine currently has no means of dealing with viral infections, since as soon as you develop a means to kill one strain of the virus, it mutates and becomes "immune" to your antidote.

Common Cold, Flu, Herpes, HIV/AIDS... they're all the same. There is no cure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Skunkcap Freddie
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:33 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea. i work with a few guys who smoke, and they always the first to catch the cold. but i'm pretty sure one has herpes and possibly aids

lol..

but yea . those sick bastids always pass it on .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 14:36 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
WTF happened to our immune systems? Laughing

Today is the first day of 2006 where I've not been ill with one thing or another.

Started with a cold, then tonsilitis, then another cold that lasted a few weeks, and then i had that stomach bug the end of last week and over the weekend. Nice.

I've still got more traffic through my nose than Daniella Westbrook, but I don't have the "stuffy head" of a proper cold anymore. Just a runny nose.

My body is a temple and all that... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 14:48 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm normally pretty good and don't catch stuff very easily, can't remember the last time i was genuinely ill Laughing (i was ill quite often at college but that was a different type of illness called lazyitus. Smile

I only came into work because i didn't want to be stuck in bed all day, plus there is a bed here if i feel really bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

markcatate wrote:
I only came into work because i didn't want to be stuck in bed all day, plus there is a bed here if i feel really bad.

A bed a work, brilliant idea, I might mention that to the directors! Laughing

I was toying with the idea of throwing a sicky this week to get some work done on the FZR, just got a nice USD front end for it! Thumbs Up

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 15:12 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry_MC21 wrote:
just got a nice USD front end for it! Thumbs Up

Me too, gsxr400 front end. Atm the project is taking over my life. Shifty

Only went out on friday night apart from that every night in the garage. Shocked

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 15:47 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was blagging on here a couple of weeks ago that I haven't had a cold for 18 months. Well this time illness bit me bad, I'm sat here shivering, seriously exhausted with the biggest headache in history and a temperature hotter than the sun.

Kill me.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 16:21 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club, i've been sent home and told if i am not 100% better then don't come in tomorrow. Very Happy

Now tucked up in bed watching open all hours with my laptop in front of me and the electric blanket on full blast. Cool

Skunkcap Freddie
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:32 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Strange, nicotine is usually a good cold preventitive. It slaughters most air-way virii and bacteria, and the immune-system switches off as a result.

Which is why giving up smoking usually leads to a long bout of poor health, it takes a while for the immune-system to kick back in.

Yea, they forever trying to give up. stop for a week or two. getin the flu and pass it on .

i always have it for ages.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

headlamp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started sneezing on Thursday - got progressively worse until yesterday when I couldn't even get up - today I 'worked from home' and still don't feel 100%. No way could I get on the bike and ride. It's not flu, just a really heavy cold....yuk! Crying or Very sad

Cillit-BANG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a f*cker too. I like to think of it more as 'Man-Flu'. Been off since last thursday, doing any type of manual labour is not an option at the moment.

Worst bit is I picked up my 04' zx6r last Tuesday and all I can do is shuffle out to the garage for 20 mins at a time and gawp at it. Have done 50 miles on it, but polished it twice :-/

Roll on the warmer weather....

beast rider
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 03:49 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to disgust you all i've had stomach cramps and the shits for about five days now! its not good when im driving a bus a aching for a shit at the same time.

All ive eaten is dry toast im so bored with it Sad Crying or Very sad

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 12:24 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't eaten since dinner 2 days ago. Don't feel that hungry either. Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 115 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1