Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike tour of North America

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Touring & Exploration by Korn (9 Nov 2005 - 18:54)
View previous topic : View next topic  

firg
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:37 - 05 Sep 2004    Post subject: Bike tour of North America Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

In a previous post I mentioned I had hurt my knee, and as a result I will need to take a gap year before I go to Uni to recuperate from an op.

I would have the second half of the year free though, and I was wondering about doing a bike tour of America.

I have Canadian citizenship, so I can stay in Canada to start with, and start going around there.

After that though, I would like to travel through the USA.

Does anyone have any advise on what I would have to do? Bike hire or buying? (I think theres an age limit on hiring a bike in the USA). What kinda stuff do you need to have like insurance road tax etc if you buy a bike in the USA?

I'm 17 btw.

gotta go now, will check back and add more detail in a few hours.

cya and any help appreciated,

Cabbage

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 17:36 - 05 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually it's 25 to rent a bike so yer gonna have to buy one. If ya planning on taking 6 months anyway have you any idea what the rental cost would be for that long????? Yer looking at at least $20,000..... Rolling Eyes

RSixer03
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:43 - 05 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey.....

I did the States touring thingy for 9 months, coast to coast and back again, if you want any advice send me a pm

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

california_rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:28 - 06 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:
Usually it's 25 to rent a bike so yer gonna have to buy one. If ya planning on taking 6 months anyway have you any idea what the rental cost would be for that long????? Yer looking at at least $20,000..... Rolling Eyes

If you're gonna be here for a while, I'd definitely recommend buying a bike. Considering how much cheaper they are here, I doubt you'll be able to resist in all honesty. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rvf_FiRe
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:46 - 06 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey check here for starters, might be of some use https://www.hctravel.com/index.htm

They do various tours with various different bikes Thumbs Up

Don't think of yourself as an ugly person. Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 278 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1