Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

copper who got off for speeding, hasn't got off any more.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:50 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

and he has a 'tache.
like all good copppers should. Middle Finger

kenny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:07 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we all do the advanced riding course to make us safe and better drivers does that mean we all can go belting down the motorway at 150+mph without anyone stopping us, i dont think so so just because its his job to be able to go so fast on the public highway doesnt mean he can do it when ever he feels like doing it

kenny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:11 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

and another point this copper taped it right

so he must have shown someone it which was properly another copper so they must have felt it was wrong of him to go so fast for them to of reported him

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 15:33 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mate who is a copper and has passed his training to drive in a response role rather than just on patrol.

I think he said they are only supposed to go so much above the legal limit in that area. So in a 30 maybe he can do 40 or 50. Not sure exactly.

I think going faster could get you in trouble normally. So going faster when there wasnt even an emergency should really have got the cop a reprimand even if he wasnt convicted of anything.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 16:00 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Can just imagine how much respect that officer gets now when he pulls someone up for speeding. Must be really difficult for anyone to keep a straight face if he tries preaching to them about how dangerous 80mph on the motorway is.

All the best

Keith

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 16:21 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speeding copper didnt actually do any damage but was potentially dangerous.

My copper friend has told me of 2 different coppers who hadnt had blue light training but decided to respond to an incident at speed against the rules. One totalled someones front garden wall and the other did something similar.

My copper friend is a bit of a racist conspiracy theorist and reckons that if either of these fuckwits were white males they wd have had loads of trouble, but as one was female and the other was black, they werent reprimanded. The black guy even got fastracked onto the training to be able to go blue light which normally takes ages to get onto.

Im not racist, but I can believe that senior officers might want to try and promote the few minority officers they have in order to look good. I can also see that the majority of officers would get annoyed if positive discrimination or preferential treatment is going on.

Today a garden wall, tomorrow a small child.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 16:32 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think training helps but as with any driving test just because you pass doesnt mean you will always drive safely, but at least you have been known to.

Not all pass the training and they, quite rightly arent supposed to do certain things until they have passed.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 16:40 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Fully trained police drivers are good. Trouble is that the standard has been dropping rapidly for the past decade as training has been cut right back.

All the best

Keith

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 16:45 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that they allow more to pass the training than before and have lowered standards to enable this.

kenny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:15 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the police are in a high speed chase dont they tend to give up anyway incase of a crash or something along those lines and say its to dangarous

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 18:18 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLINWALL wrote:
I have heard that they allow more to pass the training than before and have lowered standards to enable this.

Think it is just cost cutting. Cheaper to give them some basic training on the cheap and then tell them they are a police driver than it is to send them off for a course at Hendon and pay another force some money.

All the best

Keith

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 19:25 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

Fully trained police drivers are good. Trouble is that the standard has been dropping rapidly for the past decade as training has been cut right back.

All the best

Keith

I was speaking to my grandpa about this, he was in the police after doing his civil duty or what ever it is in the army. He said all their officers at jarrow had to drive a jag in speeds of excess of 135 around country lanes.

Again he said the standard of todays police driving is not as good as it was, he also resents the fact that you are not allowed to clobber anyone with a baton anymore. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 116 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2